Lifeguard Training (Renewal)
1pm - 5pm on the first day Address
1 Positive Place, Newark DE 19702 US
This class is over
This class will be run as a challenge course. Be sure you review all content and skills prior to class. There will be limited to no instruction; instead, you will be asked to demonstrate your skills and knowledge at a test-ready level.
- When registering, be sure to use the email used for prior classes to ensure registration as a renewal. Otherwise, you will be charged the new candidate fee ($150).
- Class begins promptly at 1pm; please arrive 10 to 15 minutes prior to 1pm.
- Please bring your resuscitation mask.
- Renewal Fee is $100
- Online coursework is strongly recommended. Test is online and must be completed with a passing score prior to class.
An international renowned, hands-on lifeguard course that is highly interactive and physically enduring. The course is a comprehensive training program that promotes objective driven and performance based training for individuals wishing to obtain a new ILTP™ certification for shallow water, pool, special facilities, and/or open water, in various water depths ranging from less than 5` feet of water up to any depth and/or open water. Our International Lifeguard Training Programs (ILTP™) are designed and intended to be delivered as part of an integrated curriculum that includes water rescue techniques, First Aid, Health Care Provider CPR, Emergency Oxygen Support, and Automated External Defibrillation as a first responder. This course requires students to perform each concept taught in the course, through student demonstrations of all skills concepts and skills instructed. Students will participate in lifeguarding roles throughout the class and are expected to perform lifeguard duties as first responders. Students will perform on deck and in water simulations, drills and exercises for rescue techniques as an individual and in team scenarios as part of multiple rescuers drills. The ILTP Lifeguard course materials are available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Thai and simplified Chinese languages. Students that successfully complete the ILTP Lifeguard course obtain an ILTP certificate that is valid for one (1) year. Annual renewal is required.
- Read and review the Training Standard before the first scheduled class.
- Complete the Candidate Review questions in the course materials before the first scheduled class.